HOW CAN WE TECH CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT?
Estonian Academy of Arts
January 30, 2020
Põhja puiestee 7, Tallinn
Does the nature of technology render it incompatible with the environment, or is tech a beacon of hope? Can a solution to climate change be found using business/start-up logic? Who governs technology: politicians, engineers, entrepreneurs or technology itself?
The French Institute of Estonia is glad to invite you to a debate night focusing on the coexistence of technology and nature, to discuss its benefits as well as the threats it may pose.
All these questions and many more (feel free to ask your own!) will be discussed with our French and Estonian panelists, who will share their experience of TECH taking care of the environment.
When? – 30 January 2020, from 6.30 PM to 8.00 PM.
Where? – At the Estonian Academy of Arts (Põhja puiestee 7, Tallinn).
- Please fill out the registration form HERE
- FREE entry.
- (Very French) refreshments provided after the debate.
- The debate will be held in English.
- Erki Ani – CEO of Cleantech ForEst, a non-profit network to advance Estonian cleantech startups and businesses.
- Renaud Francou – Expert on the impact of digital technology on the environmental transition. He has worked with FING (The Next Generation Internet Foundation) and is the co-author of the publication “The Agenda for a Digital and Ecological Future”.
Moderated by Madis Vasser, climate and energy expert at the Estonian Green Movement and computer science PhD student from Tartu University.
THE NIGHT OF IDEAS
The debate night is part of the Night of Ideas (la Nuit des idées), a worldwide initiative promoted by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs. The aim of the event is to celebrate the stream of ideas between countries, cultures, topics and generations. Every year, the Night of Ideas gives an opportunity to learn about the latest discoveries in knowledge and arts, to listen to the ones who contribute to bringing more ideas to their field and to take part in the discussion about the main issues of our times.